0

Women and IT

Posted by CHEAP CAR INSURANCE on 1:01 AM in
March 8 is International Women  s Day, and every year, someone reminds me of that fact, and ask why I was not in their promotions. Especially this year, celebrated its 100 years. And yesterday, as usual, I do not remember until someone reminded me.

Why can not promote International Womens Day? Well, I like to think that  s why I  m too busy being  international women remember that this is happening. This got me thinking about the role of women in IT Service Management and custom.

I 'm not a big advocate of positive discrimination of women in the workplace, which may come as a surprise to those who know me. I always believed that the work should be completely based on people's ability to perform tasks at hand, and positive discrimination is not always the best person forward. My father (retired Canon of the Church of England) has always been very supportive, enabling women to ministry, but his problem was that women who present themselves as the people were not always right  to work. Thus, his complaint was not based on gender bias, but in relation to - I followed my parents thought about it.

International Women  day so it gives me mixed feelings. Yes, we should be proud of and promote opportunities for women in the world - but it's much less trouble with the International Womens Day (Nov. 19). Positive discrimination makes me uneasy. I started working in IT for over 25 years ago, when IT departments are in the vast majority of men and women  role was more involved in managing and maintaining the supply route of coffee than equipment administration and maintenance. I think my success in the industry is based on the recognition of my skills and abilities, and not as a result of being  female representative to meet the amounts required to show equality. Why should I have put a positive spin capability?

It's time to stop thinking of women versus men, and consider what is the right person for this task and respond to real equality.

So how to decide who is the right person for the job? Personality traits are irrelevant - you have people szczególowosci roles in the Service Asset and Configuration Management, is sex? Empathy and a broad range of approaches to knowledge are required by service desk staff, is sex? For gender to be taken into account?

I have no answers to the questions, fewer women than men in the IT arena. But  is true, there are fewer women than men. A recent report - Arras People - Project Management Benchmark Report 2011 (men http://www.arraspeople.co.uk/project-and-programme-management-resources/the-project-management-benchmark-report-from-arras- - 2011) concluded that  are often marginalized, taking smaller, cheaper projects. The percentage of women managers of the projects is 30%.

The number of women in IT has grown in my career, recognition of women  s ability to accomplish any IT function has improved. The question of whether women want to be in the IT industry, has become a minor problem, because  all IT  these days! It is difficult to avoid. CIOs are seeing that women know the senior IT managers who are women, and know the service desk analysts who are women.

The percentage of women in IT has peaked in the late nineties, but now decreasing. Studies have determined for this decline is happening, but there are many studies that examine the impact of IT education in schools. Do you still believe that women are mutually inaccessible through the family? Our governments are for the issue of parental leave for child care equality is considered a responsibility of both men and women.



The question I would ask what effect it has on our departments, which are fewer women than men? It's the old style combative approach to the silos of IT, the first line of the fight from the second line, second line, the struggles in third place, and all together against the design teams, this approach is the excessive testosterone? We would be more inclusive, with high levels of estrogen in our teams?

Its interesting debate and I think it is impossible to solve on paper. But I throw the question to you all - certainly most male readers - our jobs are more or less to the exclusion of women? Final thought - with filming me some - some time ago, the cry went out with the publication of ITSM Portal of more women journalists - I was there, as a result of positive discrimination at all?

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 IT CENTER CONFIRM All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.